December 9, 2009 § 5 Comments
“Special Weather Statement”
- “MUCH COLDER AIR HAS BEEN SPREADING ACROSS CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST ILLINOIS THIS MORNING. AREAS WEST OF I-39 AND HIGHWAY 51 WERE BELOW FREEZING… AND EASTERN ILLINOIS WILL FALL BELOW FREEZING OVER THE NEXT COUPLE HOURS.
- DUE TO THIS RAPID COOLDOWN… WET ROADWAYS FROM THE RAINFALL YESTERDAY AND OVERNIGHT HAVE BEGUN TO FREEZE. THIS HAS CAUSED NUMEROUS ACCIDENTS. WINDS GUSTING AS HIGH AS 50 MPH ARE ALSO CAUSING PROBLEMS WITH KEEPING VEHICLES UNDER CONTROL.”
- “Interstate highways in the CHAMPAIGN vicinty were reported HAVING SCATTERED SLIPPERY
- Interstate highways in the DECATUR vicinty were reported CLEAR OF ICE AND SNOW
- Interstate highways in the EFFINGHAM vicinty were reported CLEAR OF ICE AND SNOW”
And I we get into negative wind chills tonight! Yay! It was.. 55 last week? I think I’m wearing my running tights from work to the car tonight and tomorrow. Sexy.