Other side of the fence
January 11, 2010 § 2 Comments
There’s about a 6″ blanket of snow out there, but my mind is on the greener future: the Garden & canning.
- Dilly beans! We made one jar of these last summer (actually two, but one tragically broke our first canning accident). We’ll open it soon and I can’t wait! I think know they’ll be delicious and all pickley!
- We still have a s-ton of jam sitting in flats in the dining room. They need to get moving so I can enjoy making more this summer. :)
- Compost: the compost needs help. It would like a fourth wall and some proper churnin’. Get on that, J! (please)
- Mini Garden: I’d like to do a few things in pots this year, specifically herbs, garlic, and Asian greens. I’d like to do cilantro/coriander, parsley, and rosemary in pots that can be started early in the spring and brought back in when it gets cold out. I might grow garlic in a pot or two at work so I can keep a better eye on it. Finally, Asian greens will be started early in a flat to tide us over until lettuce is ready.
- The Garden: strawberries (hanging), cucumbers (along the fence so they can grow as far as their hearts desire), green beans, sugar snap peas, tomatoes (cherry/grape hanging, others in the ground), bell peppers, hot peppers, lettuce (along the house), cabbage (along the house), dill, and basil.
It’s a lot! But I think we can pull it off.