Favorite (vegetarian) Recipes
July 26, 2010 § 2 Comments
Here are a few in our usual rotation:
- Black bean and pasta soup: obviously with veggie broth instead of chicken
- Black bean soup: again, veggie broth and try adding avocado and liquid smoke
- Eggplant parmesan: close enough to the recipe we use; if you haven’t had eggplant parmesan, make it!
- Fusilli with spinach & asiago: I prefer frozen spinach to fresh in this recipe
- Greek salad: I won’t post the recipe (copyright), but pick up this book and make this salad! Quintessential greek salad.
- Lucky black-eyed peas: without ham hock; I highly recommend the chips, avocado, and spinach!
- Pesto: close enough to my recipe (which just generally blends basil, olive oil, garlic, parmesan, salt & pepper until it tastes right); great on pasta, pizza, grilled cheese (mozzarella), sweet corn (?!?!?! – don’t knock it ’til you try it!), etc.
- Red Coconut Curry: veggie broth and we use tofu instead of chicken
Last night’s dinner: pesto pizza – mmmmm. We made our own crust in the bread maker (milk, oil, salt, flour, and yeast) and added pesto (from basil we picked last week), tomatoes (that we just picked), basil (freshly picked), garlic, and real mozzarella & parmesan. It was delicious! We also made one with tomato sauce.