January 5, 2011 § 2 Comments
Is each shot given five seconds of consideration? Or only a second each and there are five? Regardless, here are five low-quality photos of rather spectacular subjects: delicious salad for two last night and two kitties.
September 6, 2010 § 6 Comments
Does anyone is the CU area want (or need) an adorable gray kitten? We found a stray and are hoping to re-home it before we take it to Animal Control later this week. Email me at eliza beth lacy 62 at gmail dot com (no spaces).
Also, sorry about the little vacay from the blog, but occasionally life gets in the way. I should be back soon!
July 23, 2010 § 3 Comments
Earlier I received an email congratulating my work building for breaking the university record of most hornet nests in one location. Yay?
I’m petrified of bees, wasps, and hornets. From the young age of 3 I learned that these bumbly little creatures are NOT FRIENDS. I pet a honeybee with my toe. It was fuzzy! And painful. Since then I have been stung about a dozen times, each time swelling up larger than the last. A few memorable stings:
- There was the wasp nest in first grade that another kid stepped in. My eye was swollen shut for a week.
- Brushing my leg in 6th grade I ended up with a softball sized welt. I was unpopular enough as it was. Ol’ gimp leg didn’t help.
- Riding back from the train station with a friend – later boyfriend – I was stung on my cheek. I looked like a chipmunk: horrifying for a high school sophomore.
- Hiking in Alaska a bee stung me threw my jeans – the Benadryl made the Matanuska Glacier stop brief.
I’ve paid my dues to our little yellow friends. I’m hopeful an angry recently evicted hornet doesn’t find me today.
And of course this one’s no help:
July 19, 2010 § 1 Comment
April 13, 2010 § 1 Comment
I’ve been sick so not a whole lot else to report, but I do have some pictures to share from the past couple weeks.
- I visited my parents in Chicago where we hit up Bodhi Thai Bistro in Berwyn. Delicious! Spring rolls were not the best I’ve had (that honor lies with Le Colonial), but the tofu salad is something to crave. Ooo.. and the dessert pearls.. mmmm….
- Also caught up with two of my favorite kitties
And a few random shots